Moving From The OEM
Generally, when our customer looks to us to help them in moving from the OEM, we like to go through a series of steps to ensure our customer gets as good, or even better product than what they are currently receiving.
If there are no drawings or material specs, typically we:
- Go on site and see the part in situ
- Discuss any issues the customer is having with the part
- Take photos – if required
- Send our own draughtsman on-site – if required
- Receive a sample of the part
- Conduct material analysis and hardness tests in our labs
- Produce a drawing
- Discuss with the customer any possible improvements with our metallurgists and engineers
- Get the customer to sign off on the new drawing – including any changes
- Manufacture tooling such as new patterns, jigs, fixtures. etc
- Produce a prototype(s)
- If approved then produce the goods.
- Provide material & hardness certification and any other relevant quality control documents required with the delivery of the new part.
Generally this is done at our expense as a service to our customer.